Who We Are
I have been working in stained glass since 1976, learning the craft as I was working on my BA degree in art. Since my degree emphasis was in painting, I tried to push the medium of glass in a more fluid direction. I wanted it to look more like a liquid medium than a solid. Some of my contemporary windows reflect this effort.
I have produced commissions for both private and commercial patrons, as well as churches. My media include paintings and drawings, stained glass, computer graphics, and multimedia.
- Own and operate Wm L. Gleason Studio, a stained glass studio in Worden, Illinois since 2009
- 2001 opened Wm L. Gleason Studio, a stained glass studio in Stevensville, Michigan
- 1995 opened Gleason Studio and Gallery in Augusta, Missouri; in 1996 moved to Bethany, Missouri
- 1994–1995 associate artist with Fowler-Armstrong Gallery, Springfield, Missouri
- 1994 started a Center for Christian Arts & Iconography, an art society for promoting the arts in the church
- 1993–1995 accepted into Illinois Artisans Program, a state sponsored organization promoting Illinois artists, displaying their work in three state-run Art Marketplaces
- 1976–1979, formed partnership business in leaded glass in Ohio
Teaching: taught art to classes of various age levels
- Art therapy/painting lessons for elderly woman
- Concordia Seminary art courses
- Various private group art classes